A 6 months interactive online Beginners Tajweed program designed for students who wish to take on a practical and theoretical approach to the basics of Tajweed and Qiraa’ah (recitation).
learning the qur'aan
The Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said, “The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it.” (Al-Bukhari)
The Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said, “The one who was devoted to the Qur’an will be told on the Day of Resurrection: ‘Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in the world. Your rank will be at the last Ayah you recite.” (At-Tirmidhi)
Who is this Course for?
This course is aimed at students who are absolute beginners and who want to learn how to recite the Qur’aan and have little or no knowledge of the rules of Tajweed.
This course requires no pre-requisites, although having prior knowledge of the Arabic Alphabet is an advantage.
In this program you will learn:
- How to accurately read and pronounce the Arabic alphabet/letters.
- How to identify and apply the Points of Articulation/pronunciation ( مَخارِج الحُرُوف ).
- How to identify the different Arabic vowels and how they are utilised.
- How to recognise and identify letter joining & structure.
- The basic Rules of Tajweed and their application.
- Beginners Tajweed Workbook (provided).
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential.
- Access to the internet with Skype.
About the Instructor
Born and raised in the United Kingdom, Qari’ Muhammad ‘Uthman Al-Qasim completed his memorisation of the Holy Qur’aan in Jordan, in 2004/1425AH.
Qari ‘Uthman Al-Qasim has taught the Qur’aan at various levels to both children and adults for over 15 years. His classes range from Beginners through Advanced levels as well as Hifdh (memorisation) programs. He holds an Ijaazah (License) in Tajweed from Shaikh Muhammad Ahmad Al-Bakri Al-Minyaawi (Kuwait) by way of Imam Hafs ‘an ‘Aasim.
He has led Taraweeh prayers on a global scale since 1997 including UK, Makkah, Kuwait and USA. His recordings are available worldwide.
At present Qari ‘Uthman is the director and lead instructor at Al Tibyan Institute; specialising in Qur’anic sciences. He is passionate about teaching the Qur’aan and keen to ensure that every student he teaches excels and succeeds in their study of the Holy Qur’aan.
Qari' Muhammad Uthman Al-Qasim
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- All subjects taught through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class sizes to ensure individual attention & full focus.
- Weekly feedback highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Instructors maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
- Certification for completed courses / levels.
Group Study (max 8) – £8.00 / hour – £64.00 / month (2 hours / week) payable either monthly or in full (6 months) in which a 10 % discount is applicable.
Private Study – £22.00 / hour (2-3 hours / week) payable either monthly or in full (6 months) in which a 15 % discount is applicable.