The Explanation of Al-Jazariyyah
The famous Scholar of Tajweed Muhammad Ibn Al Jazari Ash-Shaafi’i رحمه الله said: ‘The one who does not recite the Qur’aan with correct Tajweed is sinning’ (until he learns to correctly recite it).
Study the poem of Al-Jazariyyah and gain an indepth knowledge of the rules of Tajweed through this famous poem. This poem is considered the golden key to the rules of Tajweed.
This program is designed for students who wish to become fluent in reciting the Qur’aan in accordance with the rules of Tajweed and their application. Students will be taught the rules of Tajweed and how they are applied whilst being consistent in their application.
Students will be taught the poem of Al-Jazariyyah along with its explanation. Students will memorise and gain a thorough understanding of the Al-Jazariyyah poem.
Exceptional students will be awarded Ijaazah in the Jazariyyah Poem.
Who is this Course for
This course is aimed at students who have previously studied most of the rules of Tajweed including Makhaarij, Sifaat, Madd, Qalqalah etc or have successfully completed the ‘Intermediate Level of Tajweed and Qira’aah Program’.
What is the Al-Jazariyyah Poem
The Al-Jazariyyah poem was authored by Imaam Muhammad Ibn Al-Jazari Ash-Shaafi’i رحمه الله, who was a famous scholar in the field of Qiraa’aat. His books have been studied extensively amongst the Islamic universities world wide. He passed away in 833H.
Imaam Ibn Al-Jazari constructed this poem to make easy to understand the rules of Tajweed in order to teach students how to correctly recite the Qur’aan whilst applying the rules of Tajweed.
About the Instructor
Shaikha Umm ‘Umar will be teaching this program InshaAllah, she has attained Ijaazah in Qiraa’aat Al-’Ashr As-Sughra (Ten Qiraa’aat As-Sughra) with authentic transmitted chains of narration to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
In this program you will:
- Develop further the rules learnt in Intermediate level of tajweed and Qiraa’ah.
- Study tajweed and go through the rules in the Mandhoomah Al-Jazariyyah (text of Al-Jazariyyah).
- Be introduced and guided on how to beautify your recitation.
- Learn the significance of learning and memorising the poems.
- Learn to recite and memorise the poem with perfection.
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
Subject to agreement
- Exclusive Beginners Workbook (provided by Al Tibyan Institute).
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential.
- Access to the internet with Skype (see below for full details).
- A copy of the poem of Al-Jazariyyah & the audio, provided by Al Tibyan Institute.
- Students will be required to memorise the poem of Al-Jazariyyah in order to progress successfully.
- Students must be well equipped in the pronunciation of letters.
- Students must know the rules of Tajweed.
- Students must be able to recite the Qur’aan fluently, in a slow and progressive manner.
- You will be given an initial assessment to establish your level, after which you will be allocated a class.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount).
You will be required to carry out a minimum of 3-5 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Termly)
Each week you will be assessed on the content taught in the previous week, this includes both practical and theoretical elements. Results will be analysed and future lessons will focus on strengthening your areas of improvement.
You will be assessed at the end of the program, this will comprise of both practical and theoretical assessment, passing (above 80%) the termly assessment ensures that you will progress to the next level.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
You will be offered an Ijaazah in Al-Jazariyyah if you excel in recitation and have memorised the entire poem with perfection, understood it and can recite it all together in one sitting. Reading of the poem must be done from memory and via a video call.
Upon completing this program, you will be able to recite the Qur’aan more fluently whilst applying the rules of Tajweed. Additionally, you will be able to understand and explain the Al-Jazariyyah text. Successful students who attain an Ijaazah may go on to teach this program.
At the end of this program you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to begin memorising the Holy Qur’aan. At this stage of your Qur’aan studies, it would be the ideal to enrol on the 2-3 year Hifdh program.
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.