Ash-Shaatibiyyah – A Study for the 7 Qiraa’aat
The Explanation of the poem of Ash-Shaatibiyyah is designed for students who want to learn the 7 Qiraa’aat (variable recitations) by the way of Ash-Shaatibiyyah & gain Ijaazah in this.
Students will be taught how to read and master all the 7 recitations along with their differences.
Students will also be going through the poem of Ash-Shaatibiyyah along with its explanation. Furthermore students will be memorising this poem and applying the rules that they learn as they go along.
Who is this Course for
This course is aimed at students who wish to study the 7 Qiraa’aat along with the explanation of their rules (by the way of Ash-Shaatibiyyah).
What is the Ash-Shaatibiyyah Poem
The Ash-Shaatibiyyah poem was authored by Imaam Abu Muhammad Ash-Shaatibi, who preserved the first 7 Qira’aat. The 7 Qiraa’aat are taught across the world by those who have mastered the rules of Tajweed of each of the 7 Qira’aat.
The Ash-Shaatibiyyah poem covers the following variations of recitation (Qira’aat): Qaloon ‘an Naafi’ & Warsh ‘an Naafi’, al-Bazzi ‘an Ibn Kathir & Qunbul ‘an Ibn Kathir, al-Susi ‘an Abi ‘Amru & al-Duri ‘an Abi ‘Amru, Hisham ‘an Ibn ‘Amir & Ibn Dhakwan ‘an Abi ‘Amir, Hafs ‘an ‘Asim & Shu’bah ‘an ‘Asim, Khalaf ‘an Hamzah & Khallad ‘an Hamzah, Abu al-Harith ‘an al-Kisaa’i & ad-Duri ‘an al-Kisa’i.
About the Instructor
Shaikha Umm ‘Umar will be teaching this program InshaAllah, she has attained Ijaazah in Qiraa’aat Al-’Ashr As-Sughra (Ten Qiraa’aat As-Sughra) with authentic transmitted chains of narration to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
In this program you will:
- Study the 7 Qira’aat in detail.
- Study the set of rules for each variable recitation (there are 7 recitations).
- Study the explanation of the Ash- Shaatibiyyah Poem.
- Be introduced to the history of the Qiraa’aat.
- Learn about the biography of the different Qurraa’ (reciters).
- Learn how to recite and memorise the poem with perfection.
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
Subject to agreement
- A copy of the Qur’aan with Qira’aat Al Ashr or Sab’ (PDF provided by the Institute).
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential.
- Access to the internet with Skype (see below for full details).
- Copy of the poem of Ash-Shaatibiyyah (PDF provided by the Institute).
- An audio of the poem (Audio provided by the Institute).
- Students will memorise the poem as they go through it (approximately 8-10 lines per week).
- Students must have memorised at least 8-10 ajzaa’/parts of the Qur’aan.
- Students must have studied all the rules of Tajweed, understood them and have fully grasped it.
- Students must be able to recite the Qur’aan fluently with perfection, whilst applying all the rules of Tajweed.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount).
You will be required to carry out a minimum of 3-5 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Termly)
Each week you will be assessed on the content taught in the previous week, this includes both practical and theoretical elements. Results will be analysed and future lessons will focus on strengthening your areas of improvement.
You will be assessed at the end of the program, this will comprise of both practical and theoretical assessment, passing (above 80%) the termly assessment ensures that you will progress to the next level.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
Ijazah (Poem Only)
You will be offered an Ijaaza (certification) if you excel in recitation and have memorised the entire poem with perfection, understood it and can recite it well. An Ijazah will be issued if the poem is recited from memory with full understanding of the text and will be conducted via a video call.
Students should note that an Ijaazah (licence) in the 7 Qiraa’aat WILL NOT be issued over a video call and will only be issued in person upon reciting to their teacher.
Upon completing this program, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to recite the 7 Qiraa’aat with perfection.
You can pursue to attain an Ijazah in person or continue on to study the Mandhoomah of Ad-Durra which will then complete the ten ways of recitation.
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.