Advanced Tajweed & Qiraa’ah
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’aan will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels).” (Al-Bukhari & Muslim).
Advanced level Tajweed and Qiraa’ah is designed for students who wish to take their study of Qur’aan recitation to a higher level, where ultimately students will be taught the Art of Recitation (Husn al-Adaa’) and will be trained to teach the Holy Qur’aan. In this program, students will explore, understand and be taught advance skills on how to recite the Qur’aan with correct Tajweed whilst beautifying the voice (Tarteel).
Students will explore and apply the various types of tones and melodies and will learn when & how to apply these according to verse context.
Who is this Course for
This course is aimed at students who have thoroughly studied majority of the rules of Tajweed and are able to recite the Holy Qur’aan with fluency. In addition to this, students may be offered to study to attain an Ijaazah in Tajweed following this program.
In this program you will learn:
The advanced rules of Tajweed (application)
The Art of Recitation (حُسْنُ الأداء):
- How to control the voice when reciting the Qur’aan, including pitch & tone.
- How to strengthen & beautify the voice during recitation (Tarteel).
- The various types of tones, modes & tunes.
- When and how to apply the tone, mode & tune in accordance with verse context.
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
Subject to agreement.
- Exclusive Beginners Workbook (provided by Al Tibyan Institute)
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential
- Access to the internet with Skype (see Hardware section for full details)
- Students must be well equipped in the pronunciation of letters.
- Students must know majority of the rules of Tajweed.
- Students should have some prior knowledge on beautification of the voice.
- Students should have memorised a portion of the Qur’aan, although this is not essential.
- You will be given an initial assessment to establish your level, after which you will be allocated a class.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount).
You will be required to carry out a minimum of 3 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Termly)
Each week you will be assessed on the content taught in the previous week, this includes both practical and theoretical elements. Results will be analysed and future lessons will focus on strengthening your areas of improvement.
You will be assessed at the end of the program, this will comprise of both practical and theoretical assessment, passing (above 80%) the termly assessment ensures that you will progress to the next level.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
Upon completing this program, Inshaa’Allah you will be able to recite the Qur’aan fluently whilst beautifying your voice. Your recitation will encompass the perfection of Tajweed and Makhaarij whilst maintaining consistency in this. You will know and apply the correct mode, tone and tune when reciting the Qur’aan in accordance to the meaning of the verse.
At this stage, you will have the option to progress onto an Ijaazah program (Licence in Tajweed & teaching).
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.