Tajweed – Beginners
This program is designed for students who wish to take on a practical and theoretical approach to the basics of Tajweed and Qiraa’ah. Students will learn how to accurately pronounce the Arabic alphabet, will be able to identify and apply the Points of Articulation (Makhaarij al-Huroof), will recognise and identify letter joining and will learn the basic rules of Tajweed and its applications. Our course instructors aim to make this course easy to comprehend, yet stimulating whilst enriching beginner students’ knowledge on the application of the rules of Tajweed.
Who is this Course for
This course is aimed at students who are absolute beginners and who want to learn how to recite the Qur’aan and have little or no knowledge of the rules of Tajweed.
In this program you will learn:
- How to accurately read and pronounce the Arabic alphabet/letters
- How to identify and apply the Points of Articulation (مَخارِج الحُرُوف)
- How to identify the different Arabic vowels and how they are utilised
- How to recognise and identify letter joining & structure
- The basic Rules of Tajweed and their application
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
- Exclusive Beginners Workbook (provided by Al Tibyan Institute)
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential
- Access to the internet with Skype (see Hardware section for full details)
This course requires no pre-requisites, although having prior knowledge of the Arabic Alphabet is an advantage. You will be given an initial assessment to establish your level, after which you will be allocated a class.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount).
You will be required to carry out a minimum of 3 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Termly)
Each week you will be assessed on the content taught in the previous week, this includes both practical and theoretical elements. Results will be analysed and future lessons will focus on strengthening your areas of improvement.
You will be assessed at the end of the program, this will comprise of both practical and theoretical assessment, passing (above 80%) the termly assessment ensures that you will progress to the next level.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
Upon completing this program, you will be able to recite the Qur’aan whilst applying the basic rules of Tajweed. At the end of this course your level of Tajweed will make you comfortable and confident to move onto the next level; Intermediate Tajweed & Qiraa’ah™.
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.