2-3 Year Tajweed & Hifdh – Ages 7-12
The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Recite the Qur’aan, for indeed it will come forth on the Day of Judgment as an intercessor for its companion” (Sahih Muslim).
The memorisation of the Holy Qur’aan is one of the most virtuous actions in Islam. It is narrated that whosoever commits the Qur’aan to memory, will be honoured by Allah Almighty on the Day of Judgement being ordered to recite and elevate through the levels of Paradise according to the number of verses they had memorised (Ahmad).
This Program is aimed at children aged 7-12 years. Our aim is to encourage, aspire, motivate and engage young children with the Holy Qur’aan, studying how to correctly pronounce the arabic letters, learn basic Tajweed rules and ultimately memorise the entire Qur’aan.
Who is this Course for
We offer two programs:
- Hifdh Only:
This is aimed at children who can read the Qur’aan fluently and/or have memorised portions of the Qur’aan.
- Hifdh with Tajweed:
This program is aimed at complete beginners starting from the basics.
This program is aimed at children aged 7-12, however we will make exceptions in rare cases for those who are aged 6 subject to an assessment followed by acceptance.
In this program your child will:
- Study the rules of Tajweed through interactive and engaging teaching strategies.
- Memorise the entire Holy Qur’aan.
- Learn various techniques on how to memorise the Qur’aan and the best one that works for them.
- Develop memorisation skills and learn efficient ways on how to retain and expand their memory.
- Be directed by their instructor on how they can improve their overall recitation whilst memorising the Qur’aan.
- Learn more about the spiritual benefits of memorising the Qur’aan and how they can benefit others in future.
- Learn the meaning/lessons of selected verses/Surahs as they memorise.
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
- A copy of the Qur’aan – ‘Uthmaani script
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential
- Access to the internet with Skype (see Hardware section for full details)
Program A): Children’s Hifdh program:
- Students must be well equipped in the pronunciation of letters.
Students must be able to recite the Qur’aan fluently with correct Tajweed.
Program B: Children’s Tajweed & Hifdh Program:
No prerequisites as children will be taught from very basics of reading the Qur’aan.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount).
Students will be required to carry out a minimum of 4-6 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Monthly)
Every day you will be assessed on the portion you have been allocated to memorise as well as revision of previous portions.
Every month you will be examined on the portion of the Qur’aan memorised and will be set both weekly and monthly targets for the forthcoming month.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
Upon completing this program, exceptional students will be offered to study for an Ijaazah program with Al Tibyan Institute.
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.