Intermediate Tajweed & Qiraa’ah
Intermediate level Tajweed and Qiraa’ah is designed for students who wish to become fluent in reciting the Qur’aan in accordance with the rules of Tajweed and their application. Students will be taught the rules of Tajweed and how they are applied whilst being consistent in their application. Furthermore students will be exposed and introduced to various tune styles and how they can improve their overall recitation of the Qur’aan in a melodious manner.
Who is this Course for
This course is aimed at students who have previously studied the Articulation of Letters (مَخارِج الحُرُوف) or have successfully completed Beginners Tajweed & Qiraa’ah.
In this program you will learn:
- Develop further the rules learnt in Beginners Tajweed & Qiraa’ah
- Study a complete set of rules of Tajweed (theory & application)
- Be introduced and guided on how to beautify your recitation
- Explore the basics of the Art of Recitation, which will enable you to progress onto Advanced Tajweed & Qiraa’ah
The Al Tibyan teaching approach involves the following:
- Comprehensive progress & homework log accessible online.
- Highlighting & focussing on areas of improvement.
- Teaching the Qur’aan through student engagement, interaction & repetition.
- Small class size to ensure individual attention & full focus from teacher.
- Written feedback every lesson highlighting areas of improvement & achievement.
- Consistently maintaining high quality and standard of teaching through teacher observations.
- Teachers maintain a goal focussed positive attitude to empower students to attain success.
- An emphasis on a friendly yet professional learning environment.
- Exclusive Beginners Workbook (provided by Al Tibyan Institute)
- Notepad and Pen – Taking notes is essential
- Access to the internet with Skype (see Hardware section for full details)
- Students must know all the Makhaarij (articulation points of letters) & be well equipped in the pronunciation of letters.
- Students must be able to recite the Qur’aan in a slow and progressive manner.
- You will be given an initial assessment to establish your level, after which you will be allocated a class.
Group Classes (6 students maximum)
Course Fees: £8.00 per hour
Private One-to-One Classes
Course Fees: £22.00 per hour or £18.70 per hour for 3 monthly subscriptions when paid in full. (15% discount)
You will be required to carry out a minimum of 3 hours a week of revision in order to progress with success.
Assessments (Daily & Termly)
Each week you will be assessed on the content taught in the previous week, this includes both practical and theoretical elements. Results will be analysed and future lessons will focus on strengthening your areas of improvement.
You will be assessed at the end of the program, this will comprise of both practical and theoretical assessment, passing (above 80%) the termly assessment ensures that you will progress to the next level.
Upon completion, all courses will be certified by Al Tibyan Institute.
Upon completing this program, Inshaa’Allah you will be able to recite the Qur’aan more fluently whilst applying the rules of Tajweed. Additionally, you will begin to beautify your voice when reciting the Qur’aan. Furthermore, you will have the confidence to progress onto Advanced Tajweed & Qiraa’ah™ where you will be able to expand in your knowledge of the Art of recitation and move closer to perfecting your recitation.
Minimum connection type is a dial-up connection with at least 56 kbps bandwidth.
Recommended connection type is broadband or ADSL.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Students are required to have a working headset and microphone.
Skype (available at www.skype.com) should be installed on your computer.